DIY: Hot Air Balloon Decoration & Wall Banner!Thursday, October 08, 2015
I didn't really catch John when he started on it, so I'll try my best to do a step by step tutorial. John's work schedule has been too hectic for me to bother him with posting a blog! He also didn't get the tutorial from Pinterest so there isn't anything for me to link to. But bare with me.
- Paper Lanterns ( 10", 8" & 6") bought at www.justartifacts.net - Colors: Grey, offwhite, robins egg blue - $9 (with shipping) - I bought 4, because 1 is being used for our baby shower.
- Jute Cord (1 yard) - $2 (with discount) from Hancock Fabrics - used to wrap the top and bottom parts of the paper lanterns
- Bakers twine - for the pennants
- Kraft cardstock used to make the boxes
- Hot glue gun
- Twine cord - to attach the box and lantern
- Cricut Machine - to cut out the triangles in different sizes (you can easily cut them yourselves, this just saved us more time)
- Canvas fabric (left over from another project) - for the baggies
- 1/2 yard of Fabric (muslin) - $1.00 at Joanns fabric
- Wood - from Michaels (I forgot what size it is)
- Twine Cord