I have had these sew fun projects done for months, but have not blogged about it! The pictures kind of got lost in all of the galleries and folders from the past several months and I just stumbled upon it last night! Its crazy when I look at them now and how much the nursery has changed since taking these photos!! Anyway, here goes nothing.
1. Changing Pad Cover -
For those that have followed my blog, you guys would know I did a totally different one months ago. Well a week later I wasn't too in-love with it, so I went out and bought new fabric (on sale of course!). I was so excited when I found this pattern because it was perfect for what we were going for! I also changed up the pattern. I cant remember where I found the original tutorial I followed, but this one is more fitted for the contour pad and actually fits the shape of it. It was a little more complicating than the first one I made, but I love the turn out a lot better! I completed this back in late August!
This one was a collaboration. I had asked my sister to come up with the main design for me, we went back and forth for weeks because I couldn't make up my mind! But I am completely happy with the final result! Instead of using a minky fabric for the back side, I ended up going back to Joanns and getting a different fabric for the back because John wanted something grey for this one and I only had a white minky fabric left. Luckily I went ahead and looked for a new one because I found the perfect one for it! Its a soft sweater type fabric, definitely cozy! This will be one of the blankets we bring to the hospital.